Young India Fellowship Programme
The Young India Fellowship has started the process of identifying Fellows for its third batch starting May 2013.
The Young India Fellowship in collaboration with the University of Pennsylvania, is a novel educational initiative in India. The Programme selects 100 exceptional undergraduate
students from across the country and diverse disciplines and delivers to them a fully funded world-class, one-year liberal arts education. In addition to this, it provides mentoring and internship opportunities to the Fellows with India’s best business leaders, corporations and organisations, to help them build/ find a career of their choice. This is in keeping with YIF’s vision “...To identify and develop India’s unique and high-potential change agents through a broad-based multidisciplinary programme, guided by the eminent leaders and scholars of our times.”
Starting with 57 Fellows for the founding batch in 2011, we scaled it up to 100 Fellows in 2012. I'm proud to say that, while our first batch Fellows have all graduated, our second batch is off to a flying start. They have just completed their first three terms with courses including economics, history, sociology, statistics, media, philosophy, art appreciation and are now set to embark on their internship engagement alongside the coursework covering economics, business, science etc. over the next five terms.
With the second academic session under way, we are now seeking candidates for our 3rd batch, beginning in May, 2013. We are searching the country for students with a demonstrated passion for learning and excellence, a unique perspective and a deep-rooted desire to make an impact in their field of interest. There are no restrictions with respect to their area of specialisation at the UG level.
Some of the highlights of the programme include:
1. Unique Curriculum: The multidisciplinary curriculum is designed with an objective to open minds, nurture inspired perspectives, inculcate creativity and impart essential skills of leadership and management. Courses include customised topics in various subject areas of humanities, science, technology, environment, governance and management besides soft-skills. Participants also work on a real project with an organisation in area of their interest during the entire duration of the programme.
2. International Collaboration: The programme is designed and delivered in collaboration with the Ivy League School, University of Pennsylvania.
3. Renowned Faculty: YIF is delivered by inspirational teachers and leading practitioners from around the world. Some of these include Prof. Kenwyn Smith (Group Dynamics), Dr. Andre Beteille (eminent sociologist), Rudrangshu Mukherjee (eminent historian), A. K. Shiva Kumar (economics) besides others.
4. Mentorship: Each Fellow is mentored by an eminent leader from the domain of his/her interest. Some of these include N R Narayan Murthy (Former Chairman, Infosys Technologies), Anoop Prakash (MD, Harley-Davidson, India), Jerry Rao (Founder Value & Budget Housing Corporation; Founder, MphasiS), Pramod Bhasin (Founder & Vice Chairman,Genpact), Sanjeev Aga (Managing Director, Idea Cellular) besides others.
5. Fully funded: The cost of the programme (tuition, board and lodging) for each of the Fellows (Rs 5 lakhs per Fellow) is entirely borne by sponsors who are all leaders of various multi-national organisations.
YIF is a flagship initiative of International Foundation for Research and Education (IFRE) which is a non-profit entity led by eminent leaders.
Interested students can apply online/offline using this link- http://
youngindiafellowship.com/ Apply-Now.aspx?4 by November 30, 2012